- Directions & Hours - Chino, CADirections & Hours - Chino, CA
- Directions & Hours - Valle, AZDirections & Hours - Valle, AZ
- Membership- Join or Renew!Membership- Join or Renew!
- Donate Now!Donate Now!
- Gift ShopGift Shop
- Gift Shop SpecialsGift Shop Specials
- Event Venue RentalEvent Venue Rental
- 2016 Schedule of Events2016 Schedule of Events
- Aircraft Flight ScheduleAircraft Flight Schedule
- Contact UsContact Us
Special Presentation: WWI & Early Aircraft
Jul 22, 2017
WHAT: Open to the public, Planes of Fame Air Museum (Chino, CA) presents a special event on July 22, 2017, focused on the role of aviation in the Great War – World War I. Entitled, “WWI and Early Aircraft,” the event is being presented by Planes of Fame Air Museum Docents.
Members of the Docent team will present an overview of the Great War, provide insight into the role of aviation and the types of aircraft deployed and developed, look at the training of new aviators and discuss the many tactics and aces that resulted. A special film produced by Planes of Fame will be shown.
WHEN: Saturday, July 22, 2017, 10am–12 noon. Museum doors open at 9:00am.
WHERE: Planes of Fame Air Museum, 14998 Cal Aero Drive, Chino, CA 91710-9085
WHY: It is now 100 years since the Great War and it is rapidly fading from the public memory. It is the Mission of Planes of Fame Air Museum to preserve aviation history, inspire interest in aviation, educate the public, and honor aviation pioneers and veterans. The Museum sponsors regular events in the form of inspirational experiences, educational presentations, flight demonstrations, and airshows in fulfillment of this mission.
Planes of Fame Air Museum, ‘Where Warbirds Fly and Aviation History Lives’