- Chino, CA LocationChino, CA Location
- Valle-Grand Canyon, AZ LocationValle-Grand Canyon, AZ Location
- Membership- Join or Renew!Membership- Join or Renew!
- Donate Now!Donate Now!
- Gift ShopGift Shop
- Gift Shop SpecialsGift Shop Specials
- Event Venue RentalEvent Venue Rental
- 2015 Schedule of Events2015 Schedule of Events
- Aircraft Flight ScheduleAircraft Flight Schedule
- Contact UsContact Us
"I visited Planes of Fame a week ago and was highly impressed. I've been a docent at the National Air and Space Museum (Garber facility) for the past 26 years, and I can truthfully say that your museum doesn't take a back seat to the national museum at all. Why? Because your aircraft are where they out to be- in real airplane hangars AND most of them FLY... I could go on and on. For years I've been telling visitors on my tours to go to Chino if they had the chance. Now I'm going to tell them to MAKE the chance."
Jack W., Email
Jack W., Email
North American P-51D
See P-51D 'Dolly' listing for general information about the P-51 Mustang.
|Status: Flyable||Length: 32 ft. 3 in.|
|Manufacturer: North American||Height: 13 ft. 8 in.|
|Year: 1940||Maximum Speed: 437 mph|
|Model: P-51D Mustang||Cruise Speed: 362 mph|
|Serial Number: 44-84961||Power Plant: 1-1,695hp V-12 Packard Merlin V1650-7
|Crew: 1||Range: 950 miles|
|Max T/O Weight: 11,600 lb.||Service Ceiling: 41,900 ft.|
|Span: 37 ft. 1 in.||Armament: Six 0.50-cal machine guns & provisions for
two 500 lb. bombs