- Chino, CA LocationChino, CA Location
- Valle-Grand Canyon, AZ LocationValle-Grand Canyon, AZ Location
- Membership- Join or Renew!Membership- Join or Renew!
- Donate Now!Donate Now!
- Book Your EventBook Your Event
- 2014 Schedule of Events2014 Schedule of Events
- Aircraft Flight ScheduleAircraft Flight Schedule
- Contact UsContact Us
Jack W., Email
Experience the Excitement!
Mooney International Corporation is proud to present Planes of Fame Air Show 2014, May 3 & 4: "A Salute to the Mighty Eighth". This year’s airshow will feature over 40 historic aircraft, performing for your enjoyment as well as a salute to the 8th Air Force in WWII. We invite you to Airshow 2014 to celebrate the history and contributions of the men, women, and aircraft of the 8th Air Force. Performers include U.S.A.F. F-22 Raptor Demo Team and Heritage Flight, Sean D. Tucker-Team Oracle Aerobatics, The Bremont Horsemen, Sea Fury Aerobatics by Sanders Aeronautics, Clay Lacy's Learjet Demonstration, Rob Harrison and the Tumbling Bear, John Collver's AT-6 Aerobatics, and over 40 WWII aircraft including B-17, P-47s, and P-51s. In addition to many other fantastic airplanes performing, there will be a panel discussion with our honored veterans of the 8th Air Force, which include Clarence "Bud" Anderson, Jack Croul, Jim White, Wilbur Richardson, and George Thomas. Also, be sure to catch the Airshow Preview Event on May 2! Check out the Air Show Promotional Video here. If you are interested in helping to sponsor Air Show 2014, click here to learn about the opportunities!
- Show Times
- Airport Restrictions
- Safety and Security
- How to Make the Show More Enjoyable!
- Local Road Closures
Saturday and Sunday. May 3-4, 2014
8:00 AM GATES OPEN
SEE THE AIRSHOW 2014 SHOW SCHEDULE HERE.
If approaching on the Riverside Freeway (California Highway 91), exit at the Route 71 Expressway, which only takes you north. Exit onto Euclid Avenue (California Highway 83), and turn right at the end of the exit ramp. Follow Euclid Ave. north to the traffic light at Merrill Avenue, and turn right then follow the signs and the Airshow staff's directives to parking.
If approaching on the San Bernardino Freeway (Interstate 10) or California Highway 60, exit at Euclid Avenue and turn south at the end of the exit ramp. Follow Euclid Ave. south to the traffic light at Merrill Avenue, and turn left then follow the signs and the Airshow staff's directives to parking.
Map To Airshow
- Parking at the Planes of Fame Air Show is FREE!
- All occupants must leave their vehicle after they have parked or pay admission to remain in the parking lot during the show.
- RV/motorhomes are charged for parking upon entry (see Tickets purchase page for price), which includes 4 general admission tickets. (see the parking tab on the FAQ page, when available, for more information)
- Handicap Parking is available for properly placarded vehicles only. Follow the directional signs.
- Motorcycle Parking on hard surface is available next to the General Parking lot.
- Preferred parking is available for purchase. Click on the "Purchase Tickets" button on the Tickets page.
- Sorry, no overnight parking.
- Cars will not be allowed to line up at the General Parking lot until 7:00 a.m.
- See parking map below:
Chino Airport Restrictions
Chino Airport will operate under waiver from May 2-4, then on May 3 & 4 from 10:45 AM until 4:45 PM local time. There will be an intermission from 12:00 PM to 12:20 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. If you plan on departing Chino Airport during the intermission, please plan to start up, taxi, take off and be out of Chino Airport’s Class D airspace (4nm) by 12:20 PM. If you plan your departure too late, your departure may be denied as the air show resumes promptly at 12:20 PM.
We suggest that you plan to land before 10:00 AM to be safe on May 3rd and 4th. Also, two pre-show practice sessions are scheduled on Friday, May 2, 2013 between (times yet to be determined) that will close the airspace to departing and arriving traffic. These times are subject to change and air traffic control directives.
Note that all the above times are fairly accurate, but tentative at this point, subject to change. Check back often until all times are confirmed.
Safety and Security
The Planes of Fame Air Museum Air Show attracts crowds of more than 35,000 each year and its administration and sponsors are committed to providing a safe environment for the event for all to enjoy. In our desire to minimize risks to Air Show attendees and participants, Planes of Fame has implemented the following safety and security policies.
Getting into the Air Show
No one will be admitted to the Air Show without a valid ticket or proper credentials. Air Show personnel can refuse admission to anyone who is or appears intoxicated or who demonstrates belligerent behavior that could be interpreted as a threat to the safety of people and property. If an individual fails to comply with the safety and security policies of this event or with the directions of Air Show personnel, they may be denied entrance or removed from the event premises. These actions also mean that no reimbursement of any kind will be made.
There will be a Security Check at the Gates
Anyone desiring to enter the Air Show is subject to a security inspection of their possessions. If anyone has any of the following prohibited items in their possession, they will not be permitted to enter the Air Show with them:
- Firearms, fireworks, explosives, fireworks, knives, or any other dangerous items
- Any flammable liquids or substances
- Beer, wine, liquor or any other kind of alcoholic beverage
- Illegal substances
- Skateboards, roller skates, wheelie shoes, bicycles, roller blades, "Razor" style boards, or any motorized or un-motorized wheeled vehicles
- Pets or animals of any kind, except service animals accompanying disabled persons
- Bags or luggage larger than 12-x-18 inches
- Large beach-style umbrellas or pop-up or tent structures
- Ice chests larger than six-pack size
- Ice chests on wheels
- Metal or glass containers
- Any kind of tool
What May I Bring?
The following are permitted items that you may take into the Air Show with you:
- Handheld umbrellas
- Six-pack size ice chests
- Cameras, Camcorders, video camera recorders: photographic or video equipment may not impede the view of others nor disrupt the flow of foot or vehicular traffic.
- Cell phones
- Wagons and strollers for children
- Wheelchairs or scooters for disabled persons (single rider)
- Small backpacks
May I Smoke Somewhere?
Smoking is not permitted anywhere at the Air Show, except in the designated Food Court area.
Thank you! We hope you have a safe and thrilling Air Show!
Tips to make the Airshow more enjoyable:
1. Weather & Personal Items - Please check the weather forecast before coming to the show. Temperatures can be moderate or extreme, so come prepared. Sunscreen is highly recommended. Handheld umbrellas are allowed, however we ask that you be mindful of the people behind you around you. Drink plenty of fluids. ATMs are available. Cameras and camcorders are welcomed and encouraged!
2. Food & Vendors - Every year there are a vast assortment of food and merchandise vendors at the Airshow. Food ranges from Hot Dogs, Pizza, Shaved Ice, Sodas, and much more in our Food court area near the tower and assorted snack vendors located throughout the Airshow.
Merchandise vendors, selling everything from Aviation toys, prints, clothing, books, memorabilia, & more will be on hand. You can often even find vendors selling portable chairs and umbrellas if needed.
3. Parking & Shuttle Trams - The General Parking lot is a grass and dirt field on the Airport. While we try to keep the dust to a minimum, please be aware your car may get a little dirty. Cars will not be allowed to line up at the General Parking lot until 7:00 a.m. Be prepared for long lines to park. Please be courteous to the California Highway Patrol and airshow volunteers directing you to the parking area. Handicap Parking is available for placarded vehicles. There is a shuttle tram service that makes round trips from the General Parking area to the Airshow entrance. You are free to walk if you'd rather not ride the tram, however it is a very long walk.
Local Road Closures
Traffic on local streets will be routed by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as they deem necessary.
All traffic on Merrill Avenue from Euclid Avenue will be directed into the General Parking lot.