- Chino, CA LocationChino, CA Location
- Valle-Grand Canyon, AZ LocationValle-Grand Canyon, AZ Location
- Membership- Join or Renew!Membership- Join or Renew!
- Donate Now!Donate Now!
- Gift ShopGift Shop
- Gift Shop SpecialsGift Shop Specials
- Event Venue RentalEvent Venue Rental
- 2016 Schedule of Events2016 Schedule of Events
- Aircraft Flight ScheduleAircraft Flight Schedule
- Contact UsContact Us
Selwyn L., San Diego, CA
Visiting the ADC
Museum Exploration: Self-Guided Visit
Your trip to the Planes of Fame Air Museum would include a self-guided visit. You will have access to the various hangars at the museum and can visit them in the order and duration of your choosing. Most display aircraft have a sign posted nearby with information and historical facts on the type of aircraft. If you would like more information, the museum also has 20 audio tour units that you can rent in the Gift Shop. While this system doesn’t yet cover all aircraft on display, it provides extensive information on the aircraft in our collection. Supervision is required for all students visiting the museum.
Museum Investigation: Docent Guided Tour
This is a formal tour where students explore the various hangars at the museum with the aid of museum-trained docents. Our docents are all knowledgeable aircraft enthusiasts who volunteer their time to make your visit more rewarding. They will combine elements of history and technology to help you better understand the role these aircraft have played in making the world what it is today. They can answer any questions students have regarding the Museum, the collection, and aviation in general. Tour guides are available on request at no charge.
Fieldtrip to the Planes of Fame Air Museum and Aviation Discovery Center
This visit includes the full experience that the museum has to offer. The school group is divided into smaller groups that will rotate through the various parts of the museum. This fieldtrip includes a tour of the Planes of Fame Air Museum where students explore and learn throughout the museum with the aid of museum trained docents. There is also an opportunity for a media presentation in our theater. The museum provides content to be shown in our 45-seat theater. The theater is also equipped so that students can give presentations to classmates in the space. Students will also be given access to the Aviation Discovery Center. The Education Coordinator organizes the activities and exhibits in the Aviation Discovery Center. Lessons and activities can be tailored to meet the current content students are studying in school.
Cost of a Visit to the Planes of Fame Air Museum
Visit our Group/Tours page for Admission Prices for Groups.
It’s become increasingly difficult for schools to fund learning opportunities outside the classroom. To help out, Target launched Field Trip Grants in 2007. Since then, they have made it possible for millions of students to go on a field trip.
- Target is working with nonprofit organizations to spread the word about Field Trip Grants.
- This school year, Target will award 5,000 grants of up to $700 to help fund field trips to great educational destinations—like the Planes of Fame Air Museum for example!
- Want to learn more and apply for a Target Field Trip Grant? Visit https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/grants/field-trip-grants for details.
- Grant applications can be submitted starting noon CST Aug. 1 and noon CST Sept. 30.