On Saturday, June 4, 2022, Planes of Fame Air Museum is once again combining our Hangar Talk event with our Flying Demo to present a special event. The Museum will be featuring the Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless dive bomber.
Hangar Talk Presentation:
1. Topics for this Hangar Talk:
- Saturday, June 4, 2022, marks the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Midway, one of the decisive turning points of the Pacific War in World War II. "Hangar Talk" will be begin at 10:30 and focus on the events leading up to and including the battle. We'll also be joined by a representative of the Midway Museum - the namesake ship from the battle.
- Stay tune for announcements of other topics that will be presented.
2. Museum doors will open at 9:00am on this day
3. Hangar Talk begins at 10:30am and lasts until 12:00pm
4. At 12:15pm, we'll be hosting our "Flying Demo" featuring the Museum's Douglas SBD "Dauntless" dive-bomber. Pilot John Kerpa will put on an aerial display over the Museum for twenty minutes and upon his return, participate in a Question and Answer session with our visitors.
5. Living Historian "re-enactors" and Museum Guides will be on hand, as well as access to the B-17 "Flying Fortress", activities for younger visitors, Coffee & Smoothies, Tacos, and Ice Cream available for all. We'll be hosting an "Opportunity Drawing" of an outstanding piece of framed aviation art (proceeds go to Museum Education Programs) and a raffle drawing for our members in attendance for a flight in the North American SNJ-5 "Texan."
6. Regular Admission rates are in effect and Museum Members always get in free. The Museum is open until 4:00pm.