On Saturday, March 5, 2022, Planes of Fame Air Museum is once again combining our Hangar Talk event with our Flying Demo to present a special event. The Museum will be featuring the Curtiss P-40N Warhawk fighter-bomber.
Hangar Talk Presentation:
1. Topics for this Hangar Talk:
- Presentation of the 2021 Student Art Contest Awards
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary of the American Volunteer Group - "The Flying Tigers"
- Special Guests - the Loyola Marymount Air Force ROTC and a glimpse at their program
- A profile of the amazing "Tizard Mission of 1940" and what it was all about
- Clyde Pangborn and Hugh Herndon and their Topsy-Turvy Quest for an Aviation Record
2. Museum doors will open at 9:00am on this day
3. Hangar Talk begins at 10:30am and lasts until 12:00pm
4. Flying Demo begins at 12:15pm with brief talk, engine start, and 20-minute flight over the Museum, followed by Question and Answers with pilot, Tom Nightingale.
5. Living Historian "re-enactors" and Museum Guides will be on hand, as well as access to the B-17 "Flying Fortress", activities for younger visitors, Coffee & Smoothies, Tacos, and Ice Cream available for all. We'll be hosting an "Opportunity Drawing" of an outstanding piece of framed aviation art (proceeds go to Museum Education Programs) and a raffle drawing for our members in attendance for a flight in the North American SNJ-5 "Texan."
6. Regular Admission rates are in effect and Museum Members always get in free. The Museum is open until 4:00pm.