Special Edition Hangar Talk - The Day of Infamy: 80 Years Later
4th of December, 2021
On Saturday, December 4, 2021, Planes of Fame Air Museum is once again combining our Flying Demo Day with Hangar Talk to present a special event. The Museum will be featuring its very rare Imperial Japanese Navy Mitsubishi A6M5 'Zeke' also know as the 'Zero'. Come see the only original flying Japanese 'Zero' in the world.
- Doors to the Museum will open at 9:00am
- Presentations in the Maloney Hangar will begin at 10:30am and will conclude at 12:00pm
- Topics to be discussed include:
1. The Prelude to the Pacific War
2. "Air Raid Pearl Harbor"
3. Heroes of December 7, 1941
4. A Look at Pearl Harbor in Popular Culture
5. The Story of the Museum's A6M5 "Zero"
- Guests will be able to see the Museum's Zero start its engine and taxi away at 12:15pm
- Aircraft will fly over the Museum for 20 minutes
- Question and Answer with the pilot to follow flight
- We will have food service (coffee, smoothies, tacos) on-site
- We will have re-enactors and Museum Guides providing educational content
- Our Youth Programs team will be conducting fun activities for our younger visitors
- We will have our Used Book Sale
- Gift Shop is stocked with "stocking stuffers" for the upcoming holidays
- Museum is open until 4:00pm
- Regular Admission in effect (Members admitted free)
- We expect a larger than typical crowd so plan to arrive early