Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic is prohibiting the Museum from offering Guided Tours at this time. Because San Bernardino is still experiencing an up-tick in positive cases, we are not able to provide our normal levels of instruction until they progress to the Moderate (Orange) level of reopening. We thank you for your patience.
The best way to experience the Museum is through a Guided Tour.
Guided Tours provide the history and context associated with the Museum’s extensive collection of aircraft. Our experienced Tour Guides will make your visit a special one by relating stories that demonstrate the role aviation has played in society.
Among the many things you’ll experience on your Guided Tour include:
- The meticulous approach used by the Wright Brothers to solve the challenge of sustained and controlled manned flight.
- How the airplane went from a novelty to an essential part of military strategy during the Great War of 1914 – 1918.
- The development of aircraft and the expansion of aviation into everyday life during the Golden Age (1919 – 1938).
- The role and importance of aviation as a critical weapon during the Second World War (1939 – 1945).
- How the coming of the Jet Age and achievements in faster speeds, higher altitudes, and longer distances, served to make the world more accessible and paved the way for the Space Age.
- The innovations, sacrifices, and milestones achieved by men and women in designing, building, and flying ever advancing aircraft.
- And much more!
About Your Tour
Guided Tours are available to individuals or groups. A group tour is a wonderful way to share the experience with family or friends and enhance your visit to the Museum. Business groups will also find our tours to be great team-building opportunities.
Guided Tours typically run 90 minutes to two hours. Longer or shorter tours are available and can be arranged upon request. Guided Tours are currently offered every day the Museum is open. The first tour of each day begins at 10:30am (9:30am on Saturdays) and the final tour of the day must begin by 2:30pm. There is no additional charge for a Guided Tour.
Booking Your Tour
To ensure the best possible experience, we ask that you book your Guided Tour in advance of your visit – at least two weeks prior. To book your Tour, simply complete the following form and submit it to us. We will send a confirmation of your Guided Tour via email.
Shoot us an email or give us a call at 909-306-5002.