Hangar Talk - Featuring the Flying Demo of the F-86F Sabre Jet
8th of January, 2022
On Saturday, January 8, 2022, Planes of Fame Air Museum is once again combining our Hangar Talk event with our Flying Demo to present a special event. The Museum will be featuring the North American F-86F Sabre Jet.
Hangar Talk Presentation:
The focus will be on the Korean War (1950-1953) and will cover the following topics:
- A brief history of the Korean peninsula and its separation into North and South nations.
- The invasion of the democratic South by the communist North in June, 1950 and the entry of the United Nations (led by the United States) into the fighting to protect South Korea as a free and democratic nation. The presentation will follow the conflict from its beginning up through the tough fighting of 1950/51 and the ensuing stalemate of 52/53.
- A close look at the role that aviation played in the conflict - from the transition from prop-driven WWII era aircraft to the next generation of jet aircraft. We'll explore the ways that aircraft were utilized, including air-to-air combat, air-to-ground support, interdiction, and rescue and recovery.
- Discussion on some of the more heroic deeds of the war, including a look at the Tom Hudner and Jesse Brown story that is soon to be a major motion picture (called "Devotion" and based upon the book of the same name).
- Summarize the conflict and its impact on US society and policy.
- Doors to the Museum will open at 10:00am
- The event begins in the Maloney Hangar at 10:30am and will conclude at 12:00pm
- Guests will be able to see the Museum's F-86 "Flying Demo" beginning at 12:15pm with engine start and taxi
- The F-86 will fly over the Museum for approximately 20 minutes
- Question& Answer with the pilot to follow flight
- We will have food service on-site
- We will have re-enactors and Museum Guides providing educational content
- Our Youth Programs team will be conducting fun activities for our younger visitors
- Gift Shop is stocked with "stocking stuffers" for the upcoming holidays
- Museum is open until 4:00pm
- Regular Admission in effect (Members admitted free)